All About RISE Online
Mission & Philosophy
Meet The Team
The mission of RISE Online is to promote the holistic development of the child covering the psychological, emotional, spiritual, physical, intellectual and social well-being. This is accomplished by educating the child in the formation of faith, family and community. RISE Online students inshaAllah will learn to become responsible and productive members of the society through a faith-based education promoting tolerance, peace and justice.
RISE Online strives for the development of the whole child by providing excellence in academic preparation in a faith-based environment. It is our vision to guide and nurture students to become role models who will exhibit high levels of God-consciousness, professional excellence and civic leadership by serving society at large.
We, at RISE Online, believe that:
- A safe and comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Faith, knowledge and good deeds are the keys to our children’s success.
- The Holy Household school of thought is the basis for our beliefs and practices.
- Cultural diversity increase students understanding of different peoples and cultures.
- Islamic environment helps students face the challenges they may face in their lives.
- Every student is unique in physical, spiritual, social, intellectual, and emotional needs and attributes.
- Students learn to make appropriate decisions if given a balanced supportive and challenging environment.
- Staff, parents, and community are role models and share the responsibility for advancing the R.I.S.E. Online mission.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Students learn the desire to acquire knowledge as well as developing critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The commitment to continuous improvement enables students to become confident life long learners.
History of RISE Education System
The RISE Education System was founded in 2009 with the establishment of R.I.S.E. Academy (formerly known as SABA Academy), a non-profit, full-time K-12 Islamic school located in San Jose, California. With the help of Allah, the school has continued to flourish, and as of 2021, the Academy graduated two 12th grade classes. In the fall of 2020, RISE Online, a fully online K-12 schooling option, was established as a second member of the RISE Education System. And in the fall of 2021, RISE East Bay, the third school and second in-person campus of the RISE Education System, was established in Hayward, California.
RISE Online earned the maximum accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges for grades Kindergarten through 12th. RISE Online is a part of RISE Education Systems.
Rise Online is accredited by Cognia and meets the criteria for educational quality established by Cognia.