RISE Online is a subsidiary of RISE Education System, a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization that is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Cognia. It is the mission of RISE Online to promote the holistic development of the child through an authentic and experiential student learning experience. This is accomplished by educating the child in the formation of faith, family, and community. RISE Online strives for the development of the whole child by providing excellence in academic preparation in a faith-based environment. It is the vision of RISE Online to guide and nurture students to become role models who will exhibit high levels of God-consciousness, professional excellence and civic leadership by serving society at large.
- Planning, developing, submitting, and implementing lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school’s instructional program.
- Preparing lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student abilities and learning styles
- Modifying curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Providing students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, and social growth.
- Conducting ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing and providing remediation as appropriate to ensure student mastery
- Creating a classroom environment conducive to active and successful student learning and appropriate for the physical, social, spiritual, and emotional development of students
- Establishing and maintaining effective open communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators
- Participating in staff professional development activities
- Completing appropriate documentation for students participating in special programs as required by state and federal guidelines
- Abiding by the staff handbook, all policies, procedures, laws, and state/federal regulations
- Assisting with school events and extracurricular activities
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of subjects assigned, including current research
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom and student behavior
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Skill in modifying instruction for various student needs
- Ability to work with various forms of equipment including, but not limited to: personal computers, calculators, projectors, and printers
- Ability to work with computer tools, including but not limited to: email, internet, Google Suite programs, video conferencing
- Ability to work in collaborative team-based environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Curriculum Instruction, Child Development, or any education-related field
- Teacher Educator Licensure with certifications or content specialties
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in a formal education setting preferred with 1 year of virtual teaching experience
- Experience in using learning management systems (Canvas) and video conferencing software (Zoom)